2.26.2009

Freelance 2.0

I was looking forward to be able to mess around with some different tools this week, and was immediately drawn to the image generators. I played around with several of them and, for the most part, thought they were really fun. One of the first ones I tried was a glitter text generator, which resulted not only in me trying out lame-ish kind of stuff like my name
(Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics), but also typing other things, like the end of
Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics.
The glitter text was fun, but I thought the options (at least the ones that I found) seemed a little limited.
Then, I got a little psycho and tried out the "make me babies" generator. I now have two children of indeterminate sex, one with Christian Bale (on the left) and one with David Beckham (on the right). Hot!


I'm not really sure that I can see myself in these kids, but whatever. They're cuter kids than I thought they would be. I assumed that the generator would deliberately turn out ugly babies.

I was also able to generate my own seal. Granted, I wasn't very original with the text, but I think the result is kind of awesome, and I wish that I could have my "seal" made up for real. The Official Seal Generator that I used was really easy and gave me a lot of options. I geeked out a little bit when I noticed that the fonts they were offering were completely different from the fonts that I have on my computer or have ever seen on any computer. Here's my seal:


Love it!

I also tried the Library Thing system. I have a similar catalog on Facebook through Living Social that I've actually tried to post as a gadget here, but I keep getting an error message. I am now 0 for 2 when trying to post a link to some kind of library of my books on this blog. The Library Thing catalog that I created is woefully incomplete (I just picked a few random books that I could see on my bookshelf), but the link is here.

Overall, I enjoyed exploring these things on my own. I had a great time with the generators: there was also a tartan generator that I tried, but I wasn't really crazy about the result, so I didn't include it here. And I've bookmarked my personal seal so that I can go back and fine-tune it and get it made into a magnet or something. Now I have to go...my celebrity babies need a diaper change.


UPDATE: The glitter stuff is screwing with my post! Those little boxes don't appear anywhere until I look at my published page, and everything is aligned much better in my preview screen. Boo, glitter text!

No comments:

Post a Comment