2.04.2009

lifelong learning

I am looking forward to taking advantage of Learning 2.0. From reading about the program and the 23 things, it seems mostly comprised to technological things that I don't know, which is one of the things that I was hoping to rectify with this class. I think the concepts behind Learning 2.0 are really wonderful. The idea of controlling your own learning and that pace at which you learn, I think, can only yield more positive results. Being required to move away from a topic or issue before you have grasped it, for me anyway, only creates frustration and a disinterest in continuing to pursue and learn that issue later. Granted, because we are learning these things in class, I'm sure there will be times when I will need to devote a  little more time to things than our schedule allows, but understanding the ideologies behind Learning 2.0 will encourage me to continue my enquiry after our class has moved on.
This also ties into the concept of "lifelong learning." Being a lifelong learner is something that I can relate to in many senses. If reading is a method of learning throughout your life, then I've got that part in the bag. I can also relate to this in a literal sense--I've been out of school for 5 years now, so continuing my education by going to school is another way that I'm hoping to enrich my future. And I think that by learning communally, as we will do, will benefit us all. I think that some of the best ways to learn new things is to experience, make mistakes, and discuss those things with other people. 
Of the 7 1/2 things, the one that I am most intrigued by and looking forward to practicing is number 3, turning problems into challenges. I'm pretty certain that there are lots of challenges ahead for me, and this is a helpful attitude to have. It'll help me battle the stress, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment